Your kids have new lunchboxes, backpacks and all the necessary supplies for…
A Great New School Year!
How about the contents of their lunchboxes?
School is upon us and everyone has a new routine to contend with. What kind of fun, nutritious and new things will your kids eat this year?
Here are seven new healthy school snacks to try with the start of the year!
- Squeeze some lemon into their water. It gives a little flavor. Plus lemon water contains vitamin C and potassium. Much healthier alternative to caffeinated drinks or juice boxes.
- Crispy Seaweed Snack – Seaweed provides nutrients that you may lose through eating sugary substances. Plus the kids think they are tasty.
- Slice up some cucumbers. Add them to their lunchbox with a dip like hummus, guacamole, or bean.
- Make mini sandwiches with cucumbers slices by putting a little slice of cheese or sunflower butter between the slices.
- Make a smoothie – try strawberry and banana with cow’s milk or almond milk. If they like it, try adding baby spinach or hemp seeds for added nutrients.
- Apples – slice them up and dipped in peanut butter or sunflower butter. This crunch is much heatlher than a chip.
- Stuffed portabella mushrooms – This is a great after school snack. You can use mini portabellas or large. Wash them, add a little balsamic vinegar and olive or avocado oil, then grated cheese and bread crumbs. Stick them in the toaster oven for 12 minutes. Watch the cheese melt! Mushrooms are full of nutrients like vitamin D which helps with calcium absorption.
Be sure to stock up on those mini containers so you can add some special snacks to their lunchbox.
Upcoming Workshops – Please Join Us!
Are you aware of how dark organic chocolate may improve libido and provide other important health benefits? Learn why you should love dark organic chocolate and then learn how! You will learn the basics of chocolate processing, the history behind this age old food, the importance of quality in our foods, and then you can experience the proper way to taste chocolate for yourself. This is like a wine tasting, only with chocolate! Learn how to enjoy the food you love, and as a result live a happier healthier life!
Mon., Oct. 17, 2016 Crave No More! Register now at Newton Community Education. Workshop will be held at Newton South High School Wheeler 2107 140 Brandeis Road Newton Center , MA 02459, 7:00-8:30 pm.
Wed., Oct. 19, 2016 Send Cravings Away!. Wellesley Recreation, Warren Building, 90 Washington St., Wellesley MA 02481. 7-8 pm. Course #441443.
We all have food cravings which can affect our lives in many ways ranging from relationships to health issues. These issues, common in our American culture, can cause allergies, autoimmune and chronic diseases. Food cravings can be avoided by simply and mindfully eating a diet rich in nutritionally balanced foods. In this interactive workshop, we will touch on mindful eating, help you understand why you crave foods, and teach you how to avoid cravings by adding healthy foods to your diet. We will also suggest foods you can eat more of to reduce cravings and why these foods can improve your health. You can learn how to enjoy the food you love, and as a result live a happier healthier life!
Tues., Oct. 25, 2016 Organic, Conventional, Local. Register now at Newton Community Education. Workshop will be held at Newton South High School Wheeler 2107 140 Brandeis Road Newton Center , MA 02459, 7:00-8:30 pm.
Wed., Oct. 26, 2016 Organic, Conventional, Local. Wellesley Recreation, Warren Building, 90 Washington St., Wellesley MA 02481. 7-8 pm. Course #441498.
Learn the difference between organic, conventional, and local fruits and vegetables by joining our discussion about what organic standards really mean. It’s not as simple as you think! You will be surprised by some of the choices available. Participants will learn how to pick produce on the farm and in the supermarket by discussing tips from Environmental Working Group (EWG). We will also discuss the health benefits of produce, the differences in nutrients, and what you can do to feed your family a healthy diet.
Want to Get Healthier?
Do you want to learn more about eating healthier foods, balancing your gut, and enhancing your health? Let’s talk! As a Health Coach, I work with individuals and families to help them integrate healthier nutritional options into their lives. Let’s get started! Contact me today to schedule a complimentary 50 minute health consultation, or pass this offer on to someone you care about!
I received my training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, where I learned about more than one hundred dietary theories and studied a variety of practical lifestyle coaching methods. In my “Balance Your Gut” program, I will help you create a completely personalized “road-map to health” that suits your unique lifestyle, preferences, and goals.
I look forward to hearing from you!
In good health,